Can experience build up character?
My answer is Yes!.
Every experience, you are undergoing educating yourself. You can be truly master of life by experiential learning.
Theories become theory until it is experience. Nothing becomes true knowledge unless it is executed. Knowing is different and doing it different. Doing with knowledge will add new experience in you. You become more mature and sound individual.
Thinking about experiences
Thinking about learning.
Experiences are nothing but learning. If you did not apply those learning in life then it become further knowledge without action.
Life is nothing but truly experiencing feedback of your action. Recently, IIM-A have created post of professor- experiential to train students in business administration.
Is there anyone so wise as the experiences? You have to use experiences very wisely. You cannot avoid those learning otherwise you can have same punishments.
Experiences are composing with wiseness, illusions, doubts and faith. Your lots of questions could be answer with one experience.
Of course, people have different logics and reasons for experiences also. Even though strongly believe that it is a wise teacher and to be master, one has to be student.
Through his actions as the Chairman of the TATA Group he has been able to demonstrate following life lessons.
1. What do I mean by what he says he delivers? He’s a doer and not just a speaker.
He promised the Indian population their dreams and the hope that one day they could afford to own a car of their own, because he and his company would launch the most affordable one for them. Enter the successful TATA Nano project.
2. Being one of the most important people in world is not an easy task, yet he has managed to win over not only his staff, employees, peers but also the media with his soft spoken tone and his systematic way of doing things. Rarely to be the one to show display of anger, he always deals with situations and conflicting views with an open mind and a calm demeanor.
3. A known workaholic, Ratan Tata was never known to slack off from his work, making him a great example for those working around him. He emphasized that everyone should think big and never discouraged others from creating a larger picture; in fact, he encouraged them to be creative and add value to the company.
Visionary leaders are those who build new possibilities and who pave the way for innovation and greatness.
They drive social progress.
Thirty years ago Ratan Tata authored an unofficial document called the Tata Plan outlining the blueprint for the company. Both the global presence of TATA and the launch of the Nano is the result of that work.
4. I have always said that one of the hallmarks of a great leader is how well read he is. Ratan Tata is known to have a fondness for technology and a great grasp of what is happening worldwide. It is an important aspect of personal branding to develop YOU as a well rounded individual.
Even though Ratan Tata is a businessman he is also an ardent collector of art and is passionate about cars and technology and occasionally even flies his plane. He cultivates his personal interests which is a great way to build a unique identity.
5. He is a risk-taker, but one who does so with utmost confidence inspiring all those who work for him and under him to place their unwavering faith in him. “I don’t believe in making right decisions. I take decisions and then make them right,” he had once famously remarked.
6. Being a great leader isn’t about checking all the right boxes but is about making sure you inspire, drive and spark your drive in others, so that they along with you, can bring about change, social innovation and progress.
Experiencing is different and teaching is different. Knowing is not enough, doing is important.